Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer Break



Today marks the beginning of the end.  In a few short months, my daughter will enroll in Kindergarten.  While she is more than prepared, I am not.  I am saddened and anxious about sharing her with someone else.  I am so accustomed to her sweet presence in the house, I’m afraid it will feel very strange without her.  Don’t get me wrong, I am excited to watch her learn and grow, but the twins and I are going to miss her terribly.

With that in mind, I have decided this summer break should be the BEST ever!  I want to do something fun with the kids every day and I plan to chronicle our adventures here.  Maybe I’ll come up with a catchy name, but for now, here is our first day of summer fun!


Summer Break 
Day 1:  Library Day


Our family loves to read, so it stands to reason that our first adventure of the summer would be a trip to the library.  The twins read board books (and didn’t even eat them), while Sissy and I collected books from her summer reading list.  I believe she will learn to read over the summer, so I want to have lots of great books available to her.  We compiled a diverse offering including the Berenstain Bears, Amelia Bedelia, some Eric Carle’s, several from the Magic Treehouse series, Strega Nona, and the piece de resistance, The Invention of Hugo Cabret!   I can’t wait to share all of these stories with the kids.  


Our goal is to read at least four books each week day, so Library Day will likely become a weekly phenomenon.  Follow along with our summer reading on my Pinterest board: Summer Reading for Kindergarten  

Please share your favorite children’s book and we’ll incorporate it into our reading. 


Happy first day of summer break!

1 comment: