Monday, September 23, 2013

Short Order Saturday

We awoke Saturday to a torrential downpour of rain.  Soccer games were canceled, and we were destined to spend the day indoors.  As we enjoyed apple pie pancakes, it occurred to me that it might be the perfect opportunity for a fun and silly Saturday.  So, I made an announcement, "Name a food, and I'll make it, whatever you want!"  Smiles lit up all around the table, and the brainstorming began.  In a few short minutes the requests were it!  

Sissy and I bundled up, and braved the storm to purchase supplies.  When we got home the cooking began.  Sissy helped me roll the pigs in a blanket.  We started the meatballs in the crockpot, mixed up a queso dip, and enjoyed round one for lunch.  After lunch we made cookies, wings, spaghetti and mac & cheese.  

 
All said and done we ended up with so much delicious food, it seemed only right to share.  We invited over my brothers and had a feast!  We were even able to send some cookies home for my mom.


In the end of course, the food wasn't really important.  What's important is that every day is what you make it, that rainy Saturdays can be transformed into magnificent feasts, that a little food prepared with love can bring joy to everyone around you, and finally, that whatever happens, a day with family is a true blessing!  I am secretly hoping it rains again next weekend, so we can do it again! :)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment