Thursday, June 27, 2013

Messy Fun

Yesterday a good friend of mine hosted a play date for our mommy group.  She called it Messy Fun and had arranged messy outdoor crafts and even a messy snack.  Everyone wore play clothes and had a blast making a huge mess.  The kids had such a great time, I thought I'd share! 

The first messy craft was sidewalk painting!  My friend had even made her own paint!  Both the big kids and the littles had so much fun with the paint.  This seems so easy and fun, I can't wait to try it myself.  Here is the recipe.

Sidewalk Paint
 
Supplies:
1/2 Cup Water per color
1/2 Cup Cornstarch per color
10 Drops of Food Coloring (more if needed)
Jar With Lid
Paint brushes or Foam Brushes

 
Method:
Measure the water, cornstarch, and food coloring into a jar. Place the lid on the jar tightly. Shake the jar until the paint is completely mixed. Do this for every color you want to make.




The second messy craft was a huge painting on butcher paper.  My friend rolled paper down the driveway, set out cups of paint, and let the kids create a masterpiece.  

Everyone ended up making hand prints, foot prints, even a few leg prints ;)



 Exhausted, hot, and happy the kids enjoyed a messy rainbow Popsicle!  A huge hanks to my friend for a very fun, very messy, very memorable play date!  

Please let me know if you have any more ideas for messy play.  Perhaps we'll make a tradition out of it!

Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment