Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sick Day



Everyone woke up today a little crabby, a little feverish, and more than a little out of sorts.  We muddled through the morning routine, but by early afternoon I had officially thrown in the towel and declared a sick day.  In our house, sick days require a very specific set of actions…movie, snack, and cuddle.

Cuddles and snacks
  
I set up a big bed of blankets and pillows on the living room floor, and got all the kids snuggled in.  I turned on Rescuers Down Under (one of my favorites), and served the perfect sick day snack, Muddy Buddies!  The kids loved picking through and tasting each different ingredient.  Sissy was so excited to discover Sweethearts had made an appearance. 


 It was nice to see everyone smile for a bit, on a day when smiles were hard to come by.  So, it only seems fair that I share my smile recipe.

Sick Day Muddy Buddies:

Ingredients:
-  2 squares vanilla candy coating
-  3 C cereal, pretzels, candy, etc
-  ¼ C powdered sugar

Method:
Melt the candy coating in the microwave in 20 second intervals until melted, stirring after each.  I like my muddy buddies light on coating, especially for the kids, so you could easily double the amount if you like more. Combine three cups of whatever cereal mix you prefer in a plastic container with a lid.  I used about 1 C Honey Nut Cherrios, 1 C mini pretzels, ¼ C raisins, ¼ C mini marshmallows, ¼ C La Choy Chow Mein Noodles, and ¼ C Sweethearts candy.  

Pour the melted candy coating over the cereal mix and stir to coat.   Pour in the powdered sugar, seal the container, and shake to coat.  Let it sit for a moment to firm up, and serve. 

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment